Sunday, March 28, 2021

We have our own "in-barn" horse-whisperer - and decision making help

With the warmer weather the boys love to snooze in the sun. Especially Chambord can be found daily taking his nap. He scares the unsuspecting people walking or driving by - he has the "dead horse" look down pat. 

Remy watches over "Mr. Sleepyhead" Chambord


JP loves to join the boys (I bet if the ground would be nicer he'd snooze right next to Chambord). As it is, he has very deep conversations with Chambord. One day it will be over a glass of Bourbon, I'm sure!

Profound conversations going on here!


Our lessons with Vanessa have been going really well. Every time we get to Ferris' Remy is ready to rock right from the beginning, and he puts an excellent effort in (which wasn't at all the case in the past). I feel we do have a shot at correct upper level work. Vanessa is encouraging, and tough when needed; and both Remy and I always finish with a sense of accomplishment. If you wonder how I know what Remy feels - I only have to look at his expression to know that he is proud of himself. We have been working on sharpening up our flying changes. Canter/walk/counter canter/walk/canter in quick succession has been very helpful. The lateral work (shoulder in and half-passes) is getting sharper, as are the more collected gaits. 

With being on such a good trajectory I struggled with the decision of signing up for a clinic with a well-known judge. Our past experience left me quite frustrated, even though we did learn some things. Right in time I came across this post from Paulo Coelho:


And then of course, there are a few people I would NEVER walk away from - one of them Stephanie, source of unwavering friendship and purveyor of the most incredible care packages that always show up when I need some TLC the most. 

😍


No comments:

Post a Comment