Thursday, April 15, 2021

"Life is no wish concert" - and road trip with my Bestie

 Just when you think things are going swimmingly - life has a way of telling you: Not so fast! Saturday morning we had fun trying out a course that JP had designed for our outdoor arena and the boys were happily strutting their stuff. Then we went on a trail ride, and nothing seemed amiss until I finished working with two nice mares later in the afternoon. I felt dizzy and queasy, but tried to ignore it. By Saturday night I was vomiting violently, and could barely move. Sunday late afternoon JP carted me (and my puke bucket) to the ER. Of course, I didn't want to go, but by then I was so sick I couldn't really object. A few bags of IV fluids later and we were sent on our way, I felt marginally better. That didn't last too long though, by Monday morning I could only crawl and when I did a tele-visit with my GP she sent me right back to the ER to be admitted.

Well, for those of you that don't believe that there is a health care crisis and the hospitals are overloaded: There was no bed to be found, so I had to literally camp in a cubicle in the ER overnight.  Harried staff, stretched to their limits, moaning all around, you get the picture. More IV's, more meds, CT scan and chest Xray. Once the meds and fluids kicked in the next day I was ready to jump ship and sign the "AMA" paperwork ("Against Medical Advice")  to get the heck out of there. But a nice nurse convinced me to wait for the Neurologist (who was a day late), and after I passed those tests I hightailed out, with approval.  Luckily, nothing major was found! Whew! Seems I had a very bad case of Vertigo. Through all this JP was my champion, working hard to keep me sane. We were very grateful to Ed and Angie for taking care of the dogs during the day so we didn't have to worry about them. 

German saying: Das Leben ist kein Wunschkonzert
"Life is no wish concert" = literal translation from a funny calendar Stephanie sent me 
"Life is not a musical request program"

So all this put the kibosh on my tight schedule, but all my clients were very caring and understanding. Yesterday Vanessa rode Remy for me, as I'm still a bit wobbly, and he looked fabulous (of course ๐Ÿ˜). 

Remy and I have exciting plans for this weekend, so I better be fit: Two days working on ME! It's a Biomechanics for Riders clinic, based on a "Equestrian RMBA" (Ridden Muscle Balance Assessment) system - performancerefinery.com. It's held at a beautiful farm on the other side of Michigan -West-, and Sally, the owner, has kindly invited me to stay with her. Looking forward to it: Road trip with my four-legged Bestie: Yay! JP will stay home with his Besties, and I think he'll be glad to get some respite from taking care of me ๐Ÿ˜

No comments:

Post a Comment