Tuesday, August 10, 2021

"It's like boiling water" - and yay, I got the shirt!

My apologies to the friend that checks my blogs to see how I'm doing... I haven't written in a while. Busy times, all good, and often too tired to type. Catching up now, and I promise to get back into the swing of things, Ingrid!

Remy and I have had our ups and downs in our lessons, nothing dramatic, just some days are better than others. Do I wish we were further along? You bet! But then I'm honest with myself and admit that I'm not a 'five or six-days-a week dressage' person - and neither is Remy's horsey mind. And sometimes I'm just plain tired from 'wrestling' horses that can be up to 18 hands, weighing close to 1,800 pounds. 

When I struggled with getting Remy in front of my leg quickly enough. Vanessa came up with the analogy that "it's like boiling water - you can set the flame low and wait a long time, or put it on high right away". We are still catching up with her pace. 

Our next challenge will be a dressage clinic this weekend with Bill McMullin, a USDF judge and certified instructor. Crossing my fingers and hoping for a good experience (Remy probably crosses his hooves also), as we both are still reeling for our last experience. Usually I don't sign up with someone I haven't audited first, but in this case I do trust Roz, and Jenn, who both gave Bill the thumbs up. 

Today I was sporting a very cool IBKUL shirt that I almost ripped away from the company's owner when he presented the collection at the local tack store. I WANTED the shirt - however, it was not for sale! Luckily, the owner's wife is a happy client - and voila: Trading bodywork for sample shirt :-) 

"Anything in that pocket for me??"

Whatever happens - we are dressed to rock and roll!







No comments:

Post a Comment