Wednesday, April 4, 2018

"Die Luft ist raus" - but I saw a really good movie

In German we say "die Luft ist raus" (fig. "the fizz is gone" = feeling deflated) when it comes to my riding lessons. The harder I try the less air I get (yep, still struggling with the indoor footing allergies) und the more frustrating the whole thing gets. I think Remy is trying but it seems not enough. There is little fun in it, and it doesn't help being told "your are riding below your potential".

Perhaps it's the long winter that's grading on everyone's nerves, and we all have cabin fever. A good strong outdoor canter might do wonders. My friend Glenda always says "if it's not fun I'm not doing it". If I go by her motto (which in principle I totally agree with) then I just have to quit riding altogether. I think I keep going because a) I'm not a quitter, and b) I still remember when riding actually was fun - and I am craving the happy feelings. For right now, though, I guess I have to dig into my 'emergency only' stash of (expired) anti-anxiety meds. On second thought, some really good wine will do.

Speaking of really good wine, we saw a great movie "Back to Burgundy". It's in French with English subtitles (yep, probably not the greatest fun for non-French speakers), and it neither has violence nor juicy sex scenes (gasp!). Still: Totally worth seeing it.

Perhaps Remy and I just need an extended vacation in Burgundy??

No comments:

Post a Comment