Sunday, February 21, 2021

A study in contrasts - and using the 'off time' well

 And the deep freeze continues... at least until this afternoon, where the forecast predicts temps in the 20s F. Yay! Of course, a far cry from the 18C in Germany. 

Outside
versus
Inside


It was too cold for equine bodywork in the last couple of weeks, but a good occasion for studying. I started a certification course in Equine Kinesiology Taping, which I find very interesting. An added bonus is that a section on Equestrian Taping is included.

Yesterday I was able to see three clients, which made me realize how much I missed it, even though the 'off time' wasn't too long. Liz very thoughtfully surprised me with  the most delicious pastry from a French bakery (Chez Pierre et Genevieve), and that about made my day. I always carry tea with me and the combination hit the spot. Recently I discovered Fraser Tea, a family owned company in Michigan. I'm definitely addicted to the Pur-erh Organic Chocolate Chai.  

I have also signed up to "Yoga for Riders", and now one of the bedrooms sports a yoga mat and all the accoutrements (blocks, blanket, etc.) needed for the practice. Four sessions a week plus meditation and horse home work. A bit ambitious for me, but the yoga sessions are only 30 minutes - perfect for my short attention span - stilling my mind is not one of my strong suits😊. 

The boys are on an on-again / off-again work schedule. JP and Chambord had a great lesson with Lisa on Friday (I missed out because my phone died and of course the only appointment available at the store was that time). Remy and I will have a lesson with Vanessa this afternoon, and I am very much looking forward to it. Let's hope the forecast is right and we won't resemble the icicles in the photo above. 





No comments:

Post a Comment