Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Careful what you wish for - the "unloved relative" to winter lurking around the corner

 Well, we got what we wished for: Warmer temps. Today we were in the 40sF, which seemed like a heat wave. The snow and ice are melting, and the "unloved' relative" to winter is just lurking around the corner: Mud and Shedding Season. Ugh. I've curried about 1/2 a muck bucket full of hair off Saumur yesterday, and that's just the beginning. And don't me get started about the mud... but hey, in the big scheme of things, it's an improvement. We don't have to lug hot water to the barn several times a day anymore, or break ice, shovel snow, etc. etc. And I can work without turning into an icicle. 

A scene from our daily life

Speaking of work, I truly enjoy my volunteer time at TRI (Therapeutic Riding Inc) in Ann Arbor. It is also a center for Para-Dressage. The horses and people are amazing, and I always leave after the sessions feeling very happy. Win-Win all around.

Spin Doctor is a former Arabian race horse, trained to 4th level dressage, and now preparing for a new career in para-dressage. 
The yawning is a sign that he is relaxed and releases tension. (I am working on some tight spots in his scapula area.)


I also did my first KT (Kinesiology Taping) on JP's knee. He swears it feels better - so let's just hope he doesn't scream when it comes time to pull the tape off. (It won't hurt, of course, but you'll never know..😉).

No comments:

Post a Comment