Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Finally - the big day!

After four days on the road Remy finally made it. I was rather anxious about the logistics, i.e. unloading, having him settled etc. Well, I needed have worried: Remy stepped off the trailer onto the road, followed me down the driveway into the barn, and settled into his stall. He went right for the food and water. The excitement was when both Saumur and Chambord came to the stall (it has a door to the outside) to check out the new kid. Some squealing and kicking, and then I took the older boys to the pasture away from the barn to give Remy time to relax.

Susanne came at noon and we turned Remy out. Well, this is one cool horse! There was some more squealing and a bit of striking and kicking through the fence, but nothing major. No tearing around, or bucking and kicking fits. I am working from home today so I can keep an eye on everybody. It is wonderful, I can see them all while working. Everybody is happily munching.

It sure is a good start for our extended family!

No comments:

Post a Comment