Monday, October 17, 2011

To much time to second guess --

And the wait continues – I spoke with Bob (the driver) yesterday and he said he should be in Michigan sometime this afternoon. I got a bit worried because he asked me which horse was mine, and where exactly in Michigan I was… After it was established that Remy is the right one, Bob said he would like to have him at his own barn “he is so sweet, follows me like a puppy dog, and he eats and drinks well”.

That was good to hear, because I am getting panic attacks about all the things that can go wrong. In addition, this time lag gave me plenty of time to second guess my decision. It is interesting the reaction I get when I tell people about it. It’s almost like some are waiting for a sort of justification. JP always points out how similar Saumur and I are, that we both are constantly construing scenarios in our heads with things to be worried about. Right he is! I currently have a nervous twitch to prove it.

George gave a clinic at Sandy’s this weekend. It was strange not to ride, I get restless ‘just watching’, I am much better doing. But really, I didn’t have much choice due to the meetings all week. I asked George about coming with both boys to Ohio in the Spring, and he said we could arrange it. Sandy is planning to take two of her horses, so we could have a fun training week together.  I actually applied for a Scholarship from the Morgan Dressage Association, it sure would be a big help. It’s a bit daunting to think about the expense of training and showing two horses.

Next month we’ll do a freestyle clinic with Karen Robinson, hopefully this will kick us off to get the 3rd level freestyle together. 3rd time is a charm, right? The other times we attempted a freestyle clinic Saumur was almost uncontrollable in the strange arenas. He got nicknamed “Bumble Bee” because he was wearing yellow leg wraps and just buzzed around.

No comments:

Post a Comment