Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Gearing up to ride with a member of the 2012 Olympic team - and killing multiple birds with one stone

Sooner that planned – Judy offered me a spot in the upcoming clinic with Jan Ebeling next Saturday. I hesitated for about a 30 sec. before accepting. It took me that long because a) Saumur is not in full work mode yet, b) neither am I, c) What if…??

What if… is right. Last night Saumur thought he had to protect us from the mounting block. Luckily he got over it quickly. I really am handling his spooks much better. Key is to keep his head low. Ah well, that's nothing new, just have to remember it!
 
The clinic setting will be good practice for dealing with my ‘performance anxiety’ (“oh no, spectators!”). Also, Karen said she can use the video for the freestyle design, so we are killing two birds with one stone (actually three, counting the practice in front of spectators).  Nothing like multi-tasking!

No comments:

Post a Comment