Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Time for the "Big Girl Pants" - and I might need several of those

Finally, back into the swing of things with a lesson on Saumur yesterday. Hmm, somebody solidified his changes while I was gone – thanks, Jude!

 After the lesson we talked about the upcoming Waterloo show, and my plans for taking Remy. Judy asked me why not take Saumur? Well, I thought I’d wait until the freestyle is completed; and also Remy probably will need plenty of attention. Judy had a good point though, in that she pointed out that I need “practice going down the centerline”, which means the more I do it the more comfortable I get. Last year we took a hiatus from showing, Saumur didn’t go out at all, and Remy only went to two short shows. And starting right with the freestyle, without having ridden any tests previously might not be a good idea with Saumur.

So – time to get serious. It’s a bit daunting to take both boys; and I already know that there will be some ‘rail birds’  just waiting for us to fail. As Judy puts it: “Time for the Big Girl Pants” – meaning “Grow up and do your stuff!”. Yep, we can do it, and I actually got some very cool Pikeur “Big Girl Pants” (thanks, Emil!) in Germany last week. Time to buckle up and strut our stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment