Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My mature partner is "on" - and why is he shedding?

When the time is right...

Concerning work, Saumur has been on the 'back-burner' for a while now. The cold, the focus on Remy...but today I really wanted to see what we could do together in a more structured setting. When I am working Saumur on my own I am much less demanding, I think unconsciously I am giving him the 'senior citizen discount'.

Well, today's temps in the low 20s apparently where 'warm' enough for Saumur to move freely. He was on my seat, I could half-halt from my core, our half-passes were smooth, we coould extend  the canter and -more importantly- come back from my seat. Both Judy and I were very happy.

The time was really right: I guess you could say my mature partner pleased both of us - and we didn't even have to worry about having to seek medical attention if it would have lasted more than four hours :-)!

While I was grooming Saumur I commented to Judy that he is already shedding, with nary a glimpse of Spring in sight. Judy's logical explanation: "He's shedding because he wants to go home!" Oh, yes, I had promised Saumur that once the weather gets better he can go home to play with Teddy. Guess Saumur thinks if he's getting rid of the winter hair I'll think it's Spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment