Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Buckle up and do it - the trails are helping

Sunday was a beautiful and sunny day, even more appreciated after the miserable weather the days before. Waterloo didn’t go according to my plans (it was the right decision to scratch, I know, I know, but…), and it was time to regroup.

What better way to regroup than going on a trailride? Admittedly, the nice weather plus excellent company (Chambord and JP) made that an easy decision. It was lovely, and all four of us had a great time. That ride restored my somewhat rattled self.

Armed with a good experience I decided yesterday it was time to get on Remy ‘cold’, meaning riding in my lesson without Judy warming him up first. It has been a huge help, getting on a horse that is already in working mode and on the aids. So yes, from the get go I had to do the work, and ‘someone’ didn’t cut me any slack.

Currently the big thing is responsiveness, getting the job done NOW, not “perhaps in a few strides I might move out”. It took quite a few tries (no nagging!) but eventually I got the desired (and hard worked for) “Yes, ma’am, right away!”

Hmm, I have a few windows that need washing – any “yes, ma’am” takers??

No comments:

Post a Comment