Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Mexican pyramids, super rides - and when the name fits...

Last week I was able to combine a business trip to Mexico with a visit to the pyramids of Teotihuacan*. It was just an awe-inspiring experience. I was lucky to travel with the youngest of my sales managers, a fit and always up to adventures guy. Not to brag, but he certainly did not leave me in the dust - or half-way up the pyramid.


On the Pyramid of the Moon, the Pyramid of the Sun is in the background - and yes, I climbed that one, too.

Back home I barely had time to fumble myself back into Remy's saddle and then it was time to ride with Jan. Never a dull moment. Luckily all of Judy's diligent work with us paid off and we had a super lesson. Jan surprised me with asking for flying changes, as in canter half-pass to flying change, and changes on a straight line. We were game! I was super happy with Remy, and it's like something has made click: All of our rides since then have been fun and really good. (Knock on wood!).

I felt so good that I went out on a limb, hiked up those big girl pants all the way, and signed up for the last Waterloo show this year. What the heck, might as well give it a try.

While I was in Mexico JP wasn't idle, he came across a fun Cabrio for sale, an Audi TT. Good deal, now JP has a new (used) toy, and its name hits the nail on the head: "TT" stands in German for "Turnier Trottel". It's the term for the poor schmuck -usually a husband or boyfriend- schlepping all the stuff for rider and horse, patiently helping with grooming, horse holding, fetching, reading tests, etc. etc. Loosely translated you could call it "Show Gofer" (sounds much better than "Show Dummy").

So, my TT now drives a TT - which means I have two TT's!


Note: JP just read the blog and pointed out that he is neither a "Poor Schmuck" nor a "TT" - his is strictly a labor of love - but he'll still keep the TT (car that is).




*Teotihuacan  also written Teotihuacán (Spanish pronunciation: [teotiwa'kan]was an ancient Mesoamerican city located in a sub-valley of the Valley of Mexico, located in the State of Mexico 30 miles (48 km) northeast of modern-day Mexico City, known today as the site of many of the most architecturally significant Mesoamerican pyramids built in the pre-Columbian Americas.
At its zenith, perhaps in the first half of the 1st millennium AD, Teotihuacan was the largest city in the pre-Columbian Americas, with a population estimated at 125,000 or more, making it at least the sixth largest city in the world during its epoch. (Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment