Saturday, September 23, 2017

It's not the blue ribbon that made my day today - and a "phenominal" experience

The four of us hit the trails early this morning in order to beat the heatwave we are currently 'enjoying'. Temps in the 90s are tough on horses that are already growing winter coats. I'm not growing a winter coat (at least I don't think so) but I was sweating right along with them.

Afterwards I just had time to get cleaned up for the DHP volunteer appreciation lunch. It was wonderful to see the familiar faces of staff and fellow volunteers. I received a very unexpected surprise in that I got a special recognition from David (the DHP founder) for my volunteer work and contribution this summer. David presented me with a gift certificate for an Art Tour in Detroit, and one of the students handed me a blue ribbon.


But what absolutely made my day was the letters I received from the students. I am tremendously touched. Here are some excerpts: ".. All of your tips and advice I really took to heart and helped me a lot. If it wasn't for you I don't think I would of been able to understand and get into riding. You made things clear and you effected my life in a big way". ".. You were awesome teaching me and I cherish every lesson from you.. My experience at camp was awesome and you've made it phenominal".

Volunteering at DHP this summer was such a wonderful experience and the kids and horses made it phenominal -ah- phenomenal for me :-)!

No comments:

Post a Comment