Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Fun with a different set of exercises - and my heart skips a beat

While Judy is in Germany her friend and fellow trainer Roz gave lessons yesterday. I trailered Remy for his lesson, it's just a 45 minute trip on nice and quiet roads country roads, so easy to do.

While Roz' and Judy's systems are very much alike, Roz has a bit of a different set of exercises. Roz had us do shoulder in from one letter to the next, then straighten to the following letter, and then shoulder in again. It made Remy more supple and responsive. In the trot and canter work we did leg yield to the quarter line, then half-pass, then leg yield. That was fun!  We also worked on half-pass - straight - half-pass the other direction. Roz wanted me to take my leg off for some strides during the half-pass to see if Remy kept working on his own. If Remy were human he would be one of those students that sit back and let the others answer the teacher's questions first. Remy was on his best behavior (I told him he wouldn't get to go home otherwise), and we finished happy and relaxed.

When I came home from my run with the dogs today 'happy and relaxed' didn't come to mind. In fact, my heart skipped a beat:

JP at work... Note to self: LIFE INSURANCE?!



No comments:

Post a Comment