Thursday, October 26, 2017

"Out with the nose" - and "All you had to do was quit your job"

OK, today was one of these days when things just clicked. We had the best canter EVER! Soft, easy in the hand, through, supple, collected. Judy reminded me several times to "leave the front door open" and "out with the nose". I think I FINALLY am trusting Remy, and he reciprocates with trusting me.

It's the best feeling in the world if the horse is truly with you and you feel as one. Easy, soft, and you could go on forever like this.

When I gushed to Judy afterwards on how happy I was and how long it took to get there she deadpanned "See, all you had to do was quit your job." And yes, Jude, you are right (as usual!). It is like someone flipped a switch. It's not that I don't want to work. (Actually, I am meeting with a company tomorrow that seems eager for my services.) It was just that my last position was very stressful and no longer satisfying. Without that stress and tension my riding improved tremendously (duh! - and Remy says "It was about time!").

It was a bold decision, but hey, as Robert Frost so aptly put it:

"Freedom lies in being bold"

No comments:

Post a Comment