Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Finally, an all clear - and special birthday boy

Dr. Miller came yesterday for Remy's recheck, and as I had hoped: He is cleared to go back to work. Yay! Of course, with a transition period, taking it easy for another two weeks, but we can restart our lessons with Roz. It's been two months, but between Remy's care and rehab, my work, and everything else I've had hardly any time to notice. The horses are enjoying the good life, when the weather gets too hot they congregate under the fan while munching hay. Not a bad gig!

Chambord, Teddy, Remy (left to right)

Remy and Saumur (left to right)


It will be a bit difficult having Remy stay at another barn, even if it's just for 3 or 4 days a week, but the kid needs to go back to school, as do I. I'm sure we both are a bit rusty by now. Quite a few of my clients are back into the swing of the show season, but considering the still raging Corona virus I don't have any regrets on missing out. JP and I are still very careful, wearing masks, social distancing, etc. 

Speaking of JP, it's his birthday today. Normally we would have gone to our favorite restaurant, Assaggi, but instead it's a jumping lesson for him and Chambord with Lisa, followed by Maine Lobster Rolls and champagne at home. Life is good!

Bon anniversaire, 
 to a city boy from Paris that took to American country life like a duck to water

No comments:

Post a Comment