Sunday, July 28, 2013

An unscheduled vacation - with ramifications

The plan was good: Monday morning I leave for a business trip to Mexico, and JP takes the boys to Judy for a week of training. Confident that everything was under control (as much as possible) I made my way to Toluca via Mexico City. The next day I texted Judy in the hopes to get a positive update. Instead I got the rather ominous message message "Remy good, Saumur didn't come". Hmm, I called JP and found out that Saumur reverted to his old tricks: "No, thanks, I really don't need to go" -  in short: he refused to load. Trading in lush pastures and the company of Chambord and Teddy for schooling and discipline just didn't seem like a good deal to Saumur.

So, yes, he got a week of unscheduled vacation.Saturday it was my turn to load Saumur to go to our lesson, sure enough he tried his little game again, but then thought better of it. We had a good lesson, but I had to work much harder than I expected. I was counting on getting on a well schooled horse and not a rather stiff 'vactioner'.

Morale of the story: don't mess with a stubborn German! Tomorrow morning, bright and early, I'll load Saumur and off he goes to Judy's: he's got some 'Nachsitzen' to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment