Sunday, April 23, 2017

I have a flat tire - uh, make that a saddle

Saumur's saddle on loan to Remy makes me think of the little Gecko with the British accent in an insurance commercial "I have a FLAT TIRE". Yep, the air panels seem to leak air and make the saddle sit too low. A frantic text to Luanne didn't give me much hope that Remy's reworked saddle will show up anytime soon. I've been patient with this company for a long time, mainly due to Luanne, but am getting to the end of my rope.


Luanne texted back that there is still gel in the air panels and to use a pad (i.e. a Thinline) with it. Glenda, Jack(y) of all trades when it comes to horses, recommended I get 1/2 inch felt and cut it to fit under the saddle. So I duly haunted the fabric stores (talk about feeling out of sync with the clientele) but no luck.


Out came my old Moosgummi (foam rubber) pad from Germany, and Remy loves it. Phew! We had a wonderful trailride today, it was just a lovely day and both Remy and Chambord were happy to be out and about. Chambord got a gold star for navigating a very tricky branch combination that bounced back at his belly when he stepped over it. Remy kept his cool at the right moment: Just when I was hanging upside down to tighten the girth a branch snapped behind us with a loud noise. Remy didn't even twitch a muscle: Cookies for all!


The boys might twitch some muscles when they see the surprise I bought today: Pinwheels for the outdoor arena... should be fun, especially on a windy day. Or at least I hope I live to NOT regret it!~






No comments:

Post a Comment