Thursday, April 6, 2017

No riding - but having fun "finding" horses on top of the Arc de Triomphe

10 days in Europe - and I am missing my boyz (yes, JP, you are also included!). Luckily Remy is at school with Judy during the week. Note to Jude: I am expecting perfect tempi changes by next week :-)!


Judy keeps me posted not only on Remy but also on JP and Chambord, so I know they are in good hands and JP is not pulling a "Jean-Paul Wayne" and gallops off into the sunset.


Yesterday I went from Lyon to Paris, and was lucky enough to have time to visit the city. I never get tired of it, and it was fun showing my two colleagues Notre Dame, the pyramid of the Louvre, and various other sights. We took the boat tour on the Seine and were able to sit outside in the sunshine, admiring the city sights and blooming trees.


And of course, I "found" some horses: On top of the Arc de Triomphe*


That should tie me over until I fly back next week. Well, this, and a visit to Loesdau, my all time favorite tack store. I see a new pair of Pikeurs in my future :-)







*Architect Jean-François Chalgrin was inspired by the Roman Arch of Titus in a single arch, but went beyond it by exceptional dimensions (about 50 m high, 45 m long and 22 m wide) and abandoning columns.

A key place of major national events. Wanted by Napoleon in 1806, the Arc de Triomphe was inaugurated in 1836 by French king, Louis-Philippe, who dedicated it to the armies of the Revolution and the Empire. The Unknown Soldier was buried at the base of the arch in 1921. The flame of remembrance is rekindled every day at 18:30.




No comments:

Post a Comment