Friday, March 24, 2017

Riding on air (again) - and "What, I have to wear his stuff??"

Luanne to the rescue: She came up with an interim plan to make my saddle work. The edges of the rear panels will be stuffed with foam, which is softer than wool. The wool stays in the other areas. The softer edges will relieve the pressure until we find a permanent solution.


While Remy's saddle is being worked on he has to wear his Big Brother's saddle (Remy: "What?? I have to wear his stuff??"). Saumur's saddle is a Schleese Wave with air panels, it was easily adjusted to Remy and we took it for a test drive -uh- ride.


Remy took to the Wave right away. Luanne commented how from the get go Remy was relaxed and his tail was swinging. For me it will be an adjustment, I haven't ridden "on air" in a while. The air panels were perfect for Saumur's very tight back, and the proof is that even at 23 years old Saumur's back looks awesome.


With Remy's more swingy gaits I'm not sure how I'll do - I do have this mental image of me popping off like on a trampoline while Remy happily continues doing his changes, thinking his brother's stuff is not so bad, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment