Thursday, March 9, 2017

"You are not a bad person just because you ask him to put more effort into it"

Ah, if I could just apply my well honed management skills to Remy... those big doe eyes still get the better of me. Also, I do think it is different when you bring up a baby instead of getting an experienced campaigner. I still cut him a lot of slack as in the back of my mind he is still green.


Well, earth to Birgit: Remy is no longer a 'greenie' and it's time to get with the program. Not that Judy hasn't remind me of that for quite some time now... I'm apparently slow to get it. With my breathing problems in the indoor it's even more important that Remy gets with the program (i.e. he is on the aids and responsive). Judy's 'words of the day': "You are not a bad person just because you ask him to put more effort into it". Yep. Right you are. (Remy begs to differ).


I buckled down, Remy grunted, and then he buckled down, and wouldn't you know it, we had a very good ride. I am finally getting the hang of the quality of canter I need in order to do the changes. My first attempt of a change on the straight line went so well that Judy admitted "you even surprised your coach".  Well, THAT's a success!


I am writing this by the light of a camping lamp. Still no power, estimate is that it should be restored by Sunday. Until then -- Take Out food it is. Good thing the wine cellar is well stocked. After all, what's camping without good wine??

No comments:

Post a Comment