Thursday, May 11, 2017

Huge Changes - and not just the flying kind

Well, I've done it: I have given my notice at work. After ten years as VP of Sales I am taking the plunge. It's been a tough decision to make, and I have been stressing about it ever since they choose a less qualified and less experienced (French) man for the promotion without even posting the position. Here is an interesting fact: The company has $1 Billion in sales, 9,000 employees, and I am the most senior woman. After I leave the the highest ranking women will be the HR Directors in NA and Europe.


So, after lots of soul searching and encouragement from JP and my friends I decided it is time for a change. I will take the summer off, and then go out on my own, focusing on Interim and Gap Management. The tough part will be leaving my incredible team. And not just that, I have had several women crying when I announced that I am leaving and that just tugs at my heart. Three more weeks until day X = June 1st.


On the "Remy Front" things are going really well. I have had good rides lately, and an excellent clinic with Jan. Both Remy and I were 'on' (at he same time!), and we were able to show the progress we made thanks to Judy. It's so fun to finally work on more advanced movements, and not having to worry about a "hey, lady, that's way too much, I don't think I can do this" from Remy. The canter feels pretty darn awesome. Today Judy mentioned that I am very fortunate that Remy has talent for the changes, all I have to do is concentrate on the quality of the canter. She, of course, has my summer already planned: My job -according to Ms. Jude- is to get Remy more committed to a "yes, ma'am" from the beginning.


Shouldn't be a problem, I am going from supervising 23 people and being responsible for an office of 67 to managing JP and the critters. How hard can that be??

No comments:

Post a Comment