Saturday, May 20, 2017

Not the best of weeks - but still some highlights

My coughing/breathing issues got so bad that on Monday I ended up at my doctor's - who was quite surprised to see me. We have a once year 'standing appointment' for my annual check up, otherwise we don't see each other. I ended up at the hospital for x-rays. Heavily medicated and thus bone tired I went back to work. That meant not much energy left for riding. Remy wasn't complaining about time off, though.


Based on my week I wasn't sure what to expect in our lesson with Roz today. Remy had had several days off in a row and I had 'crashed' last night, completely zapped of energy. Surprise: We both pulled our respective selves together and had a really super lesson. Remy was right on, nicely forward, light and responsive. We worked some more on his changes, and doing them on a straight line across the arena is a great exercise. Roz had me counter-bend Remy a bit before turning on the straight line and then she blocked him/us from falling over the shoulder in the new direction.


Note to self: The change has to be on the straight line, and not going into the turn, or -big NO NO- falling into the turn/new direction.


My 'associate coach' (aka JP) commented on how big the changes are getting. Very pleased with ourselves we boarded our schoolbus and went home to green pastures and German cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment