Monday, May 22, 2017

When your breakfast server reminds you it's time to clean the barn - and a sweet moment


Milford is a “horsey town” so it’s no surprise that the server at our favorite breakfast spot also has horses. The usual chipper Lori hardly could get a word out yesterday, but we learned that her allergies were acting up because she had been cleaning her barn, getting rid of a winter’s worth of dust and cobwebs.

Thanks for the reminder, Lori! JP had just finished the new barn roof and started re-decorating and arranging the inside, so what better time for me to bring out R2D2 (the shop vac)? I tackled cob webs and dust with gusto, and as filthy and smelly I was at the end I was proud of my accomplishment. Somehow it is way more satisfying for me to clean the barn than the house. Hmm??

Last night only Teddy was at the door in time for dinner, the others enjoyed the lush grass in the lower pasture. When my calls went unanswered (highly unusual) I walked down to see them. That was enough for Saumur and Chambord to kick up their heels and high tail it to dinner. Remy surprised me: He stayed with me, I had my hand on his neck and we walked companionable towards our respective dinners. JP watched us from the kitchen window and we both were touched by that sweet moment. It doesn’t take ‘big things’ to make us happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment