Sunday, November 15, 2020

Encouraging words - and grappling with the end of the season

Our lessons have been going really well, the highlight being the statement from Roz "Even his worst days are now still better then his best days in the past". Wow! Wish that would apply to me, too ;-)

This week was our last week of lessons with Roz ... until next April. That's quite a bummer, and I'm grappling with it. Even though we have planned on virtual lessons it won't be the same. Speaking of virtual lessons: I just purchased the Pivo system, and am crossing my fingers that I'll get it to work.  

In the meantime, though, we have a very exciting clinic coming up next weekend: Three days with Lilo Fore! I came to it like "Die Jungfrau zum Kinde" (German saying for something very unexpected: Like the virgin to a child). The clinic* wasn't advertised, I was working on client horses when the trainer mentioned the upcoming clinic. I jumped on the opportunity and asked if I could be on the waitlist, not really thinking that there would be an opening. Well, the same evening I got a message that Remy and I could come. So, now I'm getting nervous. I've audited one clinic and liked Lilo's teaching style a lot, but even after all these years in the US she still is very German (nothing wrong with that!). She is known for being a very fair  and correct judge. 

Today is one of these stormy, rainy days where riding is not possible. The arena is a swimming pool and the high winds have trees and branches falling left and right. I took the dogs out early and the three of us got completely drenched. JP tried to pick us up at the end of the trail, but the truck was still hitched to the trailer so he took my car. I opted to run home - better to have wet, smelly, and dirty dogs at my side than in my car. 

The mask has to match Remy and my outfit 😀

*Note for my European friends: A 'clinic' has nothing to do with a hospital. It's a Lehrgang / cours de formation

At a dressage clinic a clinician is brought in to teach six to 10 riders (and horses) who might otherwise never have opportunity to learn directly from someone of that caliber. The clinician may be a current or former top riderjudge or trainer. Clinicians are generally well-known for their talent at the local, national or international level. - Dressage Today


No comments:

Post a Comment