Sunday, December 20, 2020

And we have a plan - and a birthday celebration by the new rules

 After much back and forth I finally (ouf, says JP) came up with a winter plan: Remy stays home and joins his buddy Chambord at his jumping lesson twice a week. We trailer to Vanessa for a dressage lesson and try to get some remote lessons with Roz as well. The Pivo still sits in its original package, waiting to see daylight. I've been very busy with work and my sugar cube production. Yes, you read that right: Sugar cube production. 

For some strange reasons, sugar cubes are currently not sold in any stores. So I had the glorious idea of making little Christmas goodie bags for my regular clients with home made sugar cubes. (And yes, I am aware that there is a company called 'Amazon' where you can get just about anything, including sugar cubes). Great plan, however, I completely underestimated the production requirements for such a large number of regular clients. Still fun though, and I hope they are appreciated. 

The Horse and Sense Sugar Cube Production

Yesterday, we were invited to a co-birthday celebration. Today is Ed's birthday, so Angie and Ed invited us to a 'socially distanced celebration in the garage': Plenty of fresh -cold- air, room to distance, only members of two households. We had a great time, and the company, food, and drinks kept us warm. Angie completely floored me with her present: A quilt she designed and made for me! It features horses (what else, if you know me), and has cozy flannel backing (again, if you know me you are familiar with my chattering teeth). It feels like I'm wrapping myself in love.

What an amazing gift!




1 comment:

  1. I have been dismayed at the sudden disappearance of cubes also! My husband told me I shoudl make them, I thought he was nuts and in the morning I woke up to a batch of homemade sugar cubes. He's a good man. It is a hassle though. Right before thanksgiving they showed up in the store so I bought a few boxes so I don't have to make them again anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete