Thursday, January 20, 2022

Almost in tech heaven - and the boys are on a 'cold break'

 Yay, after a nerve-racking three (!) hours in the store I am now the proud owner of an IPhone 13 and an Apple Watch 7. I had been warned that a transfer from Android to Apple would be a pain, but I didn't expect that much pain. But it was well worth it! So happy that I now have the watch that hopefully watches out for me (pun intended) and calls emergency services should I have an accident. 

Unfortunately, we are still in a deep freeze, so the boys are basically loafing around, eating tons of hay and producing tons of manure. My job is to provide hot water (to thaw the outside tank), plenty of food, and then be the 'sanitary worker' that cleans up after. I did manage to get a lesson in with Vanessa, and Remy was a very good boy. He seems happy to get an 'entertainment break'. It would be so nice if I could board him for the worst of the winter but alas, no room. I've become quite good at hitching the trailer (as well as backing it up into the parking spot), but by the time I have everything hooked up I'm already frozen so that dampens my enthusiasm for trailering. If I wouldn't love my lessons so much I'd quit riding altogether during the winter. 

Needless to say, I was quite happy to visit a client that has a solarium in the barn - it sure is nice to stand under the heat lamps while working. The horses and I appreciate it very much. It's also very uplifting to get the feedback afterwards from the rider "...he was jumping around outside, dancing like a happy clam, you clearly made him feel better...". OK, I would have loved to see a horse dancing like a happy clam😀.

I do love the Nietzsche quote I came across recently:

"He/she who has a Why to live for can bear almost any How"

So grateful that I have so many Whys (my animals -they need me the most-, friends, family, equine clients) to live for💓 The biggest "Why" of all is Jean-Paul: He wouldn't want me to give up, or let myself go to pieces. I did promise him to take good care of everyone - myself included. 


No comments:

Post a Comment