Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Moving day is coming up - and plans for the winter

Good news is that we are not pounded by the East Coast Storm – not so good news: The weather here is pretty miserable: 28F, snow, ice, extremely high winds. Luckily we still have power! That can change any moment, so JP made sure our generator is ready to go if needed. My heart goes out to the people (and animals!) on the East Coast, it is just brutal there. We were talking just this morning on how we could possibly evacuate the 11 (!) of us if needed. Wow – good thing we are not close to water, mud slides, or forest fires!

I had been dragging out the moving day for the boys, mainly because I just love having them at home. Realistically, though, there is nothing I can do with them and they are getting pretty bored. Our outdoor arena is way too soggy, and with these high winds every one of them would be flying higher than a kite on the longe line anyway. So, they stand around and eat hay. The dogs and cats won’t even lift their heads when I go out to feed at 5 a.m. Too cold and dark!

Our lessons with Judy are going really well. Both JP and I love her approach, and most importantly, we all are progressing in a positive way. Saumur is happy and relaxed as can be, I have a hard time believing that yes, we can work in the big arena with all the windows, and NOT be worried! Remy, the feisty one, is improving his manners. And it looks like JP and Chambord will soon eclipse us J. So, the moving date has been set for Saumur and Remy: November 10 it is. Chambord and Teddy will stay home, with JP trailering Chambord for twice weekly lessons. And then over the winter one of my boys will get a week vacation at home while Chambord comes to Judy’s. Juggling so we won’t break the bank!

In the big scheme of things it’s a good thing that my second week at George’s didn’t work out (see note about the bank above). At first I was pretty disappointed (George switched barns and there is no room for ‘temporary’ students at the new place right now), but it also means I can focus on working with Judy. In addition, I will see Karen Robinson, the freestyle designer, on Friday to get started with Saumur’s freestyle.

Unfortunately the freestyle clinic was full, but it shouldn’t be a problem to work with Karen remotely. Judy will also work on her freestyle, so we can have fun with this. I am thinking “James Bond” for music. It fits because Saumur is quite the Ladies’ Man and also a tormented soul (as is Bond in Skyfall). And, minor detail: Thinking of Daniel Craig will certainly help me re-focus my show nerves J

No comments:

Post a Comment