Wednesday, April 8, 2015

"Honey, you shrank my pants!" - and off to school he goes

Time to go back to school – for the boys that is. Judy is back from CA, meaning Remy’s party time at home officially came to an end yesterday. JP wanted to bring Chambord along, and while I was still working on my laptop JP was getting ready (it takes a long time to get Chambord presentable = clean).

All off a sudden I hear a panicked “I can’t get into my riding pants, they must have shrunk in the wash!” Hmm, really? I didn’t exactly ‘cook’ them, and mine were just fine. Then it dawned on me: JP was literally trying to get into my pants! We both have brown full seat pants that look pretty identical, alas, different sizes…JP is by no means a big guy, but fitting into a size 26 'ain't gonna happen'.

Nothing like a good laugh to set the mood for a good ride. After four days off Remy went to work like a grown up. I had briefly thought about longing him first, but then decided to give it a whirl without. It took him a bit to find his hind legs, and me to get him to come to the party quicker but then we were trucking.

I had left Remy’s Thinline pad at home and he had to make do with a –notquitethesame- substitute, but at least he didn’t accuse me of shrinking his pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment