Friday, May 15, 2015

Preparing for the season - and "Here come Huff and Puff"


Topline’s indoor arena is getting State-of-the-Art footing! Yay!  Well, I didn’t feel quite so enthusiastic when I got to the barn yesterday and saw all the heavy construction trucks, bob cats whirling around, the base layer noisily being dumped… It meant I had to ride Remy in the outdoor arena right next to it. Remembering (sometimes I don’t appreciate my good memory) the disaster at Lamplight when he freaked out about the equipment I braced myself. Not to worry, after some initial looking around he went down to business. The only times we lost it was when my focus wandered (umh, a touch of ADD perhaps?).

 
We continue to work on getting those hind legs to push and carry. Between Remy’s ‘front propeller’ and my hips that need to be more in front of my shoulders we have our work cut out. I might have been a bit overambitious entering 2nd3, but what the heck. The weak spots are the walk-canter transitions and the medium trot. The rest should be fairly decent. But then, of course, that doesn’t count in the unknown – still, overall I am sticking to:  “We can f..ing do this!”

 

Remy is not the only one in our household with a ‘weighty issue’ – Teddy looks like he had spend the winter on the couch, scarfing down pizza, chips and guzzling beer. So, after grooming I took the little guy out for a run. He clearly had fun, and those short legs sure can outlast me. I imagine anyone seeing us exclaiming: “Look, here come Huff and Puff!”. So.. the question begs: Who’s Huff and who’s Puff??

No comments:

Post a Comment