Wednesday, May 20, 2015

"Technically qualified ... Mentally not so much" - and how about a room mate?


Remy got to travel with a “femme d’un certain age” (Buffy is a fairly opinionated middle-age equine lady) to meet Maryal. Buffy showed Remy right away what she thought of his advances: Nothing! So no equine love story here. 

The temperature had dropped over 30 degrees from one day to the next, so I was expecting a very ‘fresh’ Remy. He was a good boy, though. Maryal was especially happy with our shoulder-in/10m circle/travers tour. She said she rarely sees good (correct) travers when she judges. Well, that was the good news – the not so good news was our medium canter “you are too tight in your hips, he can’t go, because you are not following”. So we practiced medium to collected to medium – and low and behold, it got to the point where I could feel the push from behind and the front end elevating: Nice!


But then… my mind … as soon as there are distractions I lose focus and we fall apart. It was bad enough for me to have the ‘peanut gallery’ watching – albeit a small and kind one. Still… and then we heard horses being turned out and loudly calling, which Remy found very interesting and I worried. It’s a vicious cycle which I seem to be unable to break. So at the end Maryal pronounced us “technically qualified” – but gave me a pep talk about my mental readiness (or –more accurately- the lack thereof).


Frozen but overall happy we came home – to find that the bedroom was gone! We are in the process of remodeling the house, adding an addition that will give us a master suite plus sauna (yay!) and walk-in closet (double-yay!). Based on past experiences we were not prepared for workers being THAT efficient, though. I thought I’d have more time clearing out. Wrong!  I can only hope they keep the pace, because in the meantime we are ‘huddling’ in the smallest bedroom, with ALL my clothes stuffed in rolling wardrobes.



Wonder if Remy would like to have a roommate in his posh quarters at Judy’s? After all, he has the master bath (wash stall) right next to him. How about moving there… JP?? J

No comments:

Post a Comment