Sunday, April 3, 2016

"Scr*w Zack, Zack!" - he needs to get in the mood

Spending time training with Jan is adding some interesting German expressions to Judy's vocabulary , "Zack, Zack!" being one of them. Favored by drill sergeants (sorry, Jan) and other impatient persons, it means "get on with it, quickly (as in NOW) = chop, chop!".


Remy was warming up well in yesterday's lesson, but at his own pace. The boy does not like to be rushed, and he needs to get into the mood. When Remy felt I pushed him too soon he made it clear that that was not appreciated. I laughed and told Judy: "Remy is saying scr*w zack, zack!".


Once in the swing of things everything went really well. We had a great ride... until it came to 10 m circles. I had a hard time keeping the good canter in the smaller circles - until Judy pointed out that I am 'man-handling' Remy too much. I tried too hard to keep the impulsion and collection thus obviously I was offending Remy's delicate feminine side... Once I laid off things improved noticeably.


So, what was my take away? There is no rushing when it comes to getting in the mood (duh!), and man-handling is not appreciated either!

No comments:

Post a Comment