Saturday, July 22, 2017

"Let him make mistakes" - and "Do the hula"

Our lesson with Maryal started much more chill, this time we didn't get lost and were on time. Maryal -with her eagle eyes and laser focus- jumped right into getting me back on the correct way. Basically, I am still too controlling (hmm???) and "he doesn't need to be micro-managed" (another hmm??).

This is food for thought, because at work I am the opposite, I explain the job at hand and then give people the freedom to do it without breathing down their necks. Why can't I do it with Remy? Guess the truth is I trust the people reporting to me but I don't trust Remy completely. He should have the freedom to make mistakes, and then it's my job to correct him, which then creates a learning experience.

And then Maryal wanted me to "do the hula" - What??? Well, my hips are tight, and in order to get more swing in the canter Maryal suggested I think of the hula and move my hips, so that during a right lead canter my hips swing a bit to the left. OK, I can do this - as long as you don't ask me to wear a grass skirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment