Friday, January 25, 2019

"Reisefieber" - and a surprise from our artist friend

Well, now I know why most of the 'snow birds' leave for the South at the beginning of January... now we are caught in an artic freeze with temps in the single digits (F - not C) and wind chills below 0. Not much riding going on, that's for sure. Even with the heated arena at Berwyck, the challenge is getting there on those icy dirt roads.

Remy's hair cut is scheduled for tomorrow. Nothing like a body clip in these temps!  Luckily his new winter-coat complete with hood arrived in time, we'll just have to pile the layers on him. In the Wellington area temps will be in the 70s, what a change!

I admit to having a rather severe case of "Reisefieber" (Lit. "traveling fever" = travel nerves). Packing for both of us is giving me anxiety. I do remind myself that we are NOT going into the depths of China, there ARE stores in Wellington (albeit very expensive ones). A call with Jan, the owner of the transport company C&W, made me feel a bit better. Remy's 'Monster Box' and a smaller box are allowed on the truck. JP will probably have to take Remy to Jan's place as the Semi wont fit in our driveway and Remy and his luggage would have to be loaded on the road.

I'm very fortunate and happy that I have a travel companion: Ellen will be coming with me. She is visiting friends in Ft. Myers, so that works out great. The forecast for driving is pretty lousy - snow and ice all the way from Michigan through Kentucky.

Forget the frigid weather - warming our hearts is an "art surprise" in form of a print that arrived yesterday from our friend Jean-Louis:

JP suggested I should try riding like this :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment