Sunday, July 14, 2019

1:0 for Remy - and we have some detective work to do

Well, Remy got what he wanted the last three days: Plenty of trail rides. He was a model citizen and didn't even flinch when we crossed over a noisy bridge or when we splashed in the Huron River while a guy was paddling up in a canoe and got out right next to us.

At home he and Chambord gave each other bodywork sessions - who needs me??

So, I'd say this time it's 1:0 Remy to Birgit. But what can I say: When the horse is happy I'm happy :-) (I hear JP grumbling: What about if the husband is happy???)

After the relaxing break it's back on the school bus tomorrow morning. I am still giving Remy the benefit of the doubt, especially because his "drop and spin" happens mostly after a flying change to the left. So I put a call in to an equine veterinarian/chiropractor to schedule a chiropractic exam/adjustment. Remy's bit (a lose ring KK snaffle) is an unlikely culprit, but Roz might be on to something (she usually is) as she suggested Remy might get his tongue over the bit for a short instance, or perhaps he feels a pinch? Leaving no stone unturned I ordered two Neue Schule test bits to try. I could just ask Remy's BFF though...

... as obviously, Chambord knows what Remy wants! 




No comments:

Post a Comment