Saturday, December 31, 2011

Having fun with a year-end shopping trip

What's the favorite place for horsewomen to shop? Not the mall, at least not for me. We decided to have a 'girls day' today. Sandy and Linda came to Milford, where after breakfast we dropped by an important place: the horse blanket laundry. From there we went to the local tack store. Conveniently, they had the year end sale, and the place was packed.

It's amazing how much time (and yes, OK, money) one can spend at a tack store. While nowadays a lot of horse stuff gets bought through the catalogs, the social aspect of going to the store is huge. There are a lot of people I hardly ever see outside the shows - except at the tack store. Today I got to catch up with several people from the past, for example Claudia, a woman I used to blaze trails with (and blaze we did!), a long time ago. And it turned out one of my former H/J instructors is now working at the store.

And it's just fun to browse, checking out things you never thought you needed (a brush cleaning foam, really? What's wrong with shampoo?). We were pondering coolers, saddle pads with matching wraps, gloves, leather cleaners, and a myriad of other things. Then my gaze fell on a stunning Pikeur vest, fitting perfectly. So JP bought me another Christmas gift (which he didn't know until I came home tonight).

Remy got a cooler, which was actually the reason I went to the store in the first place. Good thing I can blame the shopping expedition on the boys - after all, they can't go shopping for themselves!

Happy New Year everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment