Friday, June 1, 2012

Hitting the delete button on some thoughts -- less than ideal conditions for the first show

As I am looking out the window I see the four boys grazing in the pouring rain. I am shivering inside, trying to focus on my work and not to worry about taking Remy to his first show this afternoon.

It's cold, blustery, and raining - and Remy has had much less preparation than I would have liked. So, is it really a good idea to take him to Waterloo? I guess I won't be chickening out just yet, the plan is to go there and see how he will handle everything. If he is too worried, and the footing resembles a mud bath, then we'll just scratch.

My friend Glenda called this morning, and she brightened up my spirit quite a bit. I am in one of my 'fretting moods', just over-thinking, and over-analyzing everything. I am perfectly capable of riding without a coach, I had done it with Saumur for years at the lower levels. Still, it's kind of unsettling when going to the first show with a baby. Glenda told me that Luanne, the saddle fitter, mentioned to her what a nice horse Remy is. Luanne sees a lot of nice horses, but it seems Remy really stuck out.

Anyway, the immediate question is "how will Remy handle the situation?". I am a bit concerned as he started bucking under saddle for the first time with me just two days ago. In my mind I have images of me flying off in the midst of the crowded warm up area or in front of the judge. Better hit the delete button on those thoughts, pronto!

JP, as always, has been nothing but encouraging. So, I better imagine him in a cheer-leading outfit while reading our tests. Probably won't help with the concentration, but it definitely will put a smile on my face no matter what antics I might have to deal with!

No comments:

Post a Comment