Saturday, June 9, 2012

The roadtrip is confirmed - Amish country, here we come

The long awaited confirmation in form of a short email from George was almost obscured by all the other 'urgent' mails when I checked my overflowing Inbox between two meetings and trying to figure out a complicated trip to Europe. But then I saw the sender and dropped whatever I was doing. Yes, the boys and I are welcome to spend a week of training with George in Ohio, starting August 6. AWESOME!

So, Saumur, Remy and I will hit the road August 5 - destination Ohio. George is located right in Amish country, which worried me the first time we went there. Saumur (having been sent for 'remedial training' twice to the Amish by his former owners) does not have fond memories of that time, but he handled it well last time so there shouldn't be a problem.

My organizational skills have already kicked in: Room is reserved, vacation is blocked in my calendar, and in my head I am packing trunks and making lists. I mean, it's only two months away!

Many heartfelt thanks again to JP for his unwaving support, Sandy, for all the hard work and encouragement in getting us to that level, and to the Morgan Dressage Association for awarding the training sponsorship to Saumur and me. You guys are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment