Monday, September 23, 2013

A beautiful weekend - and planning the cheer for the National Dressage Championships

Michigan in the fall is beautiful. Even though it’s a bit early to see the Indian Summer color changes we decided to extend my business trip and spend part of the weekend “Up North” – horse-less and altogether critter-less! Doesn’t mean we didn’t miss them, though. I couldn’t help but imagining long gallops along the sandy shores of Lake Michigan, or through the sheer endless forests.

If you are traveling to Traverse City, two excellent recommendations: Patisserie Amie and especially Bistro FouFou, where I had the best dinner in a long time. And yes, to those of you that know me and are now snickering: I had more than salad!! (for those of you not familiar with my eating habits: I’m not on a diet, I just absolutely LOVE salad). 

So, back home Sunday we wasted little time and took Chambord and Remy out on our own trails. During the ride we came across a pretty worried horse and rider: Two big bucks (Male Whitetail Deer) were standing right in front of them on the trail. No problem for Chambord, who clearly considers himself the “Trail Blazer”. We invited the lady to come with us, which she gladly did, and Chambord made sure the trail was clear! Remy was curious but relaxed, and seemed to like his new trail friend.


But of course, the big event (not surprisingly J) this weekend was the USDF Region 2 Championships: All Topline clients did really well, but Judy and Benise nailed it by besting a huge group of competitors to take home the win of the PSG Championship! Congrats, Jude!!  We will be traveling to KY to cheer you on at the National Championships. Although, uh, I'm not sure how you feel about JP waving PomPoms, screaming “Give me a T, give me an O, give me a P…”???. On the bright side - Topline Dressage would be instantly famous on YouTube J.

No comments:

Post a Comment