Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sorry, Kid - we are on our own now!

Remy is back from his week of school. He actually has about 10 day vacation now, as Judy and a group of her clients are off next week to the USDF Region 2 championships. I almost feel a bit left out, but the emphasis is on ‘almost’… even though Remy made a ton of progress I didn’t want to jinx it with another trip to Lamplight, IL. Better to tackle the championships (at the Kentucky Horse Park) with confidence next year. And also, hmmm, having saved a huge chunk of change by not going to Lamplight I might be able to splurge on the next Jan clinic.

Remy was sent home with a teacher’s note to me: “….Remember to have expectations as you do for your employees! No free rides! He needs to earn his treats!..”

Ah, kid, it’s you and me now. Let’s see how we can figure it out: staying straight between inside and outside aids, pushing through the half-halts, etc. etc.…

If all else fails: I’ve stocked up on Nutella, and I promise there are enough ‘stud muffins’ for you to tie us over until Judy comes back!

No comments:

Post a Comment