Monday, January 19, 2015

"That was f..ing incredible!"... and not everything behaves

It is official: Remy and I are ‘warm weather workers’, and by ‘warm weather’ I mean 30F. Not sure if Remy feels better because I’m less tight or I feel better because his muscles aren’t bunched up. Probably both.

Nevertheless, the temps went up, but the snow stayed on the roof (yay!), so all was well in Topline-Land. Remy and I had a really good warm up and nice trot work. And then came our “piece de resistance”: Walk-canter depart. First try left canter depart netted a very untypical outburst from Judy: “That was f…ing incredible!” – and that’s exactly how it felt. Now, I can’t even remember having heard her use the f-word, so I just started laughing hard while cantering around. Both Remy and I found that to be hilarious. Once we came down to earth Judy explained that that one of the best canter departs she had seen in a long time (“that was an 8”), and that from us. WOW!

So, while both Remy and I behaved beautifully (if I may say so) I can’t say the same about my stomach: Instead of celebrating the big deal –and it was a big deal for us- I ended up hugging the toilet. Clearly my stomach didn’t get the message to behave!

No comments:

Post a Comment