Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Day 3: "Graduation" - deep appreciation and cowpokes in the making

All we learned and absorbed in the first two days was put into practice the third day: We had to load the cattle through the barrel chute into their stock trailer. It was a noisy undertaking, and there was always a stray not too excited about joining the crowd in the trailer. After all, why go into a hot steel box if you can have yummy clover to munch on??


To the cattle's dismay the horses and riders had become a good team over the course of the days and we successfully loaded, unloaded, and loaded again the motley crew. Yay! or rather: Yee-haw!


So my gamble with a (to me) unknown clinician paid off. I feel extremely fortunate to have had the experience. Brent is the most genuine, sincere and caring horseman you could hope for. Always kind, always respectful (as opposed to some of his contemporaries), and always focusing on what's best for the horse.
Trying to absorb some of Brent's wisdom


Over the course of the three days I did not once have a panic attack when Remy spooked and spun around. I felt a calmness that I had been seeking for a long time but until then never found.


In addition, the farm owners, Kelly and Brian, were super nice and welcoming, and I truly enjoyed the entire group of riders.


So, I can't wait for next year's clinic, and then JP and Chambord will join us: Bring on the cattle for the German-American and French-American cowpokes in the making!

No comments:

Post a Comment