Thursday, August 16, 2018

Dressage Camp for Remy - Massage Camp for me

Almost time to start packing for both of us again - and somehow Remy always seems to manage to have more stuff than I do. Perhaps because I pack his bags for him?

I have decided to add a certification in Equine Sports Massage to the Masterson Method Bodywork. Both complement each other, and I will have more tools in my toolbox (one can never have enough tools, just ask JP).

Here is a short comparison:

Masterson Method
By moving the horse’s joints through their range of motion while in a relaxed state, the horse can participate in the release of tension in the major junctions of the body that affect performance.

Equine Sports Massage
Muscle manipulation necessary to release spasms, keep fascia and scar tissue as pliable as possible, maintain muscle conditioning and health and improve blood and lymph circulation. This in turn expedites the elimination of toxins and promotes a more rapid healing of injuries.


On Sunday I am traveling to Connecticut for an intensive week of training - the student / instructor ratio is 3/2. In addition I am excited about my stay in an historic B&B, the farm was build in the early 1700s and is lovingly restored. It also serves as an Equine Rescue and Sanctuary.

Remy will be heading to "Roz' Dressage Camp". As he has been going so well lately for me it will be wonderful to have an excellent trainer work with him and progress him (and yes, iron out the flaws I have instilled, sigh). I know he'll be in great hands, both under saddle and in the barn.

Note to self: Pack enough carrots and Nutella, respectively!

No comments:

Post a Comment