Thursday, August 2, 2018

Busy times - and "A good day at the office"

Whew - nothing cleans a house like having guests ... at least in my book. Our annual Get Together/Open House/JPs birthday had me frantically cleaning the entire house, nooks, crannies, and windows included. More than once I grumbled "where's the housekeeper??" and then I looked at my disheveled self to see her in the mirror!

Of course, after all the frantic cleaning nobody cared about the house, everyone stayed on the patio or wandered into the (always clean!) barn, because the weather was perfect - and the bar was outside!

Monday started with a consulting job (which I enjoyed) and then it was time for some serious exercise: Our hay farmer has beautiful hay, but alas, no workers. It means driving over an hour, load hay into trailer and on truck, drive home, unload, stack, repeat. This time we got a special treat: Bob, the farmer, opened his treasure trove for us and showed us his lovingly assembled "man toys" and memorabilia.

Size matters :-)

My Masterson fieldwork is going well. However, writing the reports and doing charts afterwards are a bit of a nuisance. But it's all worth it when the horses are responding well to the bodywork. I am very fortunate to be able to work on nice horses - some even fall asleep on my shoulder as this beautiful Irish Sporthorse H/J mare did.

1100 pounds relaxing on my shoulder

I am having better rides than ever on Remy. He is soft, supple, in front of my leg, and does work really well (to my surprise) in our once-a-week double bridle lesson. As Roz put it  so well the other day "A good day at the office!" - especially when your office is at the barn!

This T-Shirt goes from office to riding, proclaiming
"Do no harm but take no sh*t"



No comments:

Post a Comment