Saturday, February 25, 2012

Did he read my blog? - Where is the rodeo cowboy?

Saumur is working hard, so today I thought I'll give him an easy workout and just longe him. Well, this 'mature man' showed me how he can still buck, kick up his heels, and really put on the afterburners. Mr. Wonderful sure demonstrated that he still has a lot of teenager in him, and he had a great time playing. I, on the other hand, was glad that I wasn't on his back. Sticking these bucks would have required a rodeo cowboy!

Remy (even after three days off) was 'Mr. Know-It-All': You want canter?? I'll give you canter!! It was really funny how he tried to show me that he thought he knew what I wanted. We just had a bit of a 'baby buck' once, at the same time Remy tried to sort out his long legs in the right hand canter depart ice and snow was sliding off the arena roof. The nice thing was that he came right back and we went on as if nothing had happened. I was still smiling - this one didn't need a rodeo cowboy today!

Chambord and JP also had a great ride. Chambord can run and buck with the best of them (Sandy says he's the fastest horse at the farm), but under saddle he doesn't require a rodeo cowboy - a cookie will do. He'll stop dead in is tracks when he hears the crinkle of a peppermint wrapping. JP just better makes sure to never run out of cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment