Monday, February 20, 2012

A mirror of my distractions - where is the darn bubble?

Sundays are busy days at the barn, but yesterday it was unusually busy. I didn't even attempt to ride Saumur, neither he nor I (OK, mostly I) can handle the commotion and incessant chatter.

We were lucky in that at one point only JP and I were in the arena with Chambord and Remy. Chambord and JP did their thing, I tried to concentrate on Remy. My focus still wasn't the greatest, and sure enough, we encountered quite some steering problems. Remy 'hooked' on Chambord, probably because his big buddy seemed to be more fun than I. We cantered along the long side nicely, but then Chambord turned out to be quite the magnet - and we almost landed on top of him.

Too bad I had left my bubble at home - lesson learned: without 100% focus on my side Remy is looking for another playmate. Hmm, now I wonder if this doesn't apply to all males??

No comments:

Post a Comment