Saturday, February 14, 2015

And here we go again... hand-walking it is!

Our lovely forecast for this weekend: 
Dangerously cold wind chills through Sunday. 
  • Temperatures will bottom out between 10 to 20 below zero around Sunrise Sunday with wind chills of 25 to 35 below zero. Impacts:.
  • Bitterly cold wind chills will lead to Frost Bite in 20 minutes or less.
  • Prolonged exposure to this extreme cold will lead to hypothermia.

Well, there went my riding today: Hand-walking in the indoor instead. Same for tomorrow. It's darn hard not to get frustrated. And if I see one more cheerful posting from people spending the winter with their horses in Florida I will have to unfriend them! 

Honestly though, I don't think Florida (WPB) is for me: Too artificial, too expensive, too much hype, too many ladies that lunch (and seem to share the same plastic surgeon). Yes, of course it's beautiful, and great for getting show-miles in the winter. Not that I could leave for three months anyway - it's one thing to work from my home office a couple of times a month, it's a different story to ask my boss "Uh, how about me working from somewhere warm during the entire winter?" It'll probably net me an 'invitation' to visit the HQ in the French Alps (plenty of snow there!). 

So.. all we can do is hunker down, and cruise the net in search of places to go. I think somewhere in the Carolinas there is a hunt box (cottage and stalls) with our name on it. Until then: We walk!




No comments:

Post a Comment