Sunday, March 29, 2015

Traveling with the new tests - learning on the fly

Traveling to Sherbrooke (a town about half-way between Montreal and Quebec City) I packed the usual: Laptop, business suits, TSA approved travel cosmetics, and so on... plus the Dressage Illustrated Test Book 2nd level. I thought I might as well use the time in transit to learn the new tests.

Quite frankly, I'm the worst person for my job when it comes to travel. I need heavy duty prescription anti-nausea medication every time I travel. Otherwise I will spend the entire time with my nose in the 'courtesy bag' , in the worst case passing out. The meds not only make me groggy and give me stomach issues, they also affect my eyesight so enter reading glasses. Really?! The things we do to learn dressage tests... As for learning the test patterns, let's just say I'm still in the 'assimilation stage'. 

This trip I was tempted to double the meds, so I wouldn't think about the tragic crash of the German plane in the French Alps. My heart aches for all the people that lost their lives, and the families that have to deal with the loss. 

The trip went smoothly, well, aside from the huge piece of Elk I got served for dinner. This is what you get when you work in a male dominated business. Luckily the waiter took pity on me (probably fuming: "Ah, les Femmes!") and found a plate of pasta. 

Remy had his "Aunt Jude and me" time with Judy during the week. Yesterday's lesson was great, despite the meds still roiling in my system. Judy had worked with him on the collected canter and better responses to half-halts, and I got to reap the benefits. I might not know where to go but we sure can do awesome counter canter loops - Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment