Thursday, December 31, 2015

Finishing the year on a high note - with No Bend*

Last ride of the year - and we finished on a high note. For I don't know how long Judy had been on my case about the shoulder-ins. Usually the voice in my ear rose with frustration: "NO BEND! Too much inside bend! More inside leg, less rein! Inside leg to outside rein, NO BEND!!"


To the left it was marginally better, but to the right - way too much bend. Not today! I don't know what clicked but someone switched the light bulb on for me, and sure enough, we finally were able to do it. Yay! Sounds easy enough, I know, but it is HUGE. With correct shoulder-ins the half-passes flow, and we went from shoulder-in to half-pass to shoulder-in across the arena. Double yay!


Both Remy and I were relaxed and happy (which is no biggy for Remy, he is happy most of the time - Saumur and I are the worrywarts of the family). It was also some kind of 'vindication' for me, as the day before I had a panic attack in the arena and had to hand-walk Remy before getting back on. Too many people in the arena and I get claustrophobic and can't deal with it. Remy, on the other hand, is getting much better in dealing with crowded spaces. As long as one of us keeps his or her wits together all will be well.


*Yes, "with no bend" is an oxymoron.




2015 was a very good year - here is to an awesome 2016!


HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone!
Best wishes for health and happiness!!





No comments:

Post a Comment